2 Night Winter Whales
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Albany, WA
- Product code: WINTERWHALES
What better way to spend a few winter days than by visiting The Amazing South Coast to experience striking winter sunsets, whales and delicious, seasonal and local produce.
Your 2 night / 3-day package includes (NB this is a self-drive package):
- 2 nights in a Deluxe room at Ace Accommodation Albany
- 2-hour Whale Watching Tour (morning tea included)
Interested In Upgrading Your Stay?
- The Amazing South Coast Pass - One ticket, three Amazing attractions, one great saving. Experience The Amazing South Coast's best cultural attractions with an all in one ticket to Albany's Historic Whaling Station, National Anzac Centre and The Tree Top Walk.
- Emu Beach Chalets - One bedroom chalet for an extra $45 per night (subject to availability)
Day 1: Your winter break starts with a warm welcome to your chosen accommodation, some of which are offering breakfast daily too. A choice of accommodation types are available; choose from our recommendations. Next, spend your first afternoon exploring the charming shopping precinct of York St, which abounds with charming cafes, quirky retailers and historical landmarks. Next, drop into the Albany Visitor Centre to collect your Amazing South Coast Pass. Albany is blessed with great choices in quality dining.
Day 2: Start your second day in Albany with a scrumptious breakfast to set you up for a day of Wild Whale Adventures. You will need to make your own way to the Albany Waterfront Marina to feel the sea spray on your face and prepare yourself for an extraordinary experience sighting whales as they migrate along the southern coast. King George Sound is perfect for whale watching. Spend your afternoon visiting the award-winning National Anzac Centre and Albany's historic Whaling station.
Day 3: After enjoying breakfast, there is more to explore on The Amazing South Coast, all within a short scenic drive. Take a visit to Mt Romance and sample the heady scents of Sandalwood products. Next, enjoy a day trip to picturesque Denmark and visit the Tree Top Walk - Valley of Giants. Then, all too soon, it's time to head home with wonderful memories... until next time.
NB Rain is possible, and you should expect at least a swell on your expedition. However, the southern ocean is never completely calm. Expeditions will still depart if it is raining and/or the sea is rough. The whales don’t mind! We recommend bringing a waterproof jacket and extra warm clothing with you as you may get wet from sea spray even if it doesn’t rain. Of course, if weather conditions do not allow visibility or are unsafe, an expedition will be cancelled. A decision cannot be made until closer to the time. Please discuss this further with the Amazing South Coast Booking Officer if you have queries.
* Accommodation and Tour upgrades are available by contacting the Albany Visitor Centre for details on (08) 6820 3700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org